December 21, 2004

Iced Coffee

My experience with Iced Coffee was never memorable till I took the Thai Airways flight from Bangkok to Phuket. The breakfast on board was nothing less than crappy, but the Iced Coffee (mmmm...) completely made up for the lack of palatable food. You may think I found it delicious because I was on my honeymoon. Maybe.


Here's how I replicated it at home:

(To serve 2)

1. Boil two and a half glasses of water, add 3 tsp instant coffee powder and 2 tsp sugar. You could add a 1" stick of cinnamon for added flavour.

2. Simmer for 2 to 3 mins.

3. Remove from heat and let it cool. Then chill in the refrigerator for an hour.

4. Fill ice cubes in two (preferably tall) glasses and pour the coffee into it. Add about 1 to 2T milk and stir gently to create a swirl.

5. Serve immediately. It tastes (and looks) fantastic.